Friday, September 20, 2013

Note 002: You either break up or get married





Ever think of how many people in your life have started out as mere strangers to you? For me, thats probably the sneakiest part about romantic relationships. This someone who was absolutely nothing in your life, this someone who you knew absolutely nothing about and felt absolutely nothing for... all of a sudden becomes your entire.freaking.life. You fall. You commit. You learn every little thing there is to know about them. The important: their values, their ambitions, their family background. The unimportant:  the way they walk, talk, their favorite color, their favorite music. The downright ridiculous: the way they like their eggs in the morning, the way they act when they are beyond wasted, or pissed on the road. You learn, you invest, until you know every scar, every expression, every signal. 
And when what always happens, happens, you are forced (or choose) to walk away from every thing you've learned, and every thing you've known. After driving such a long road together, you are suddenly right back where you started. Strangers, again.  This probably sounds melodramatic on my part, but I SWEAR all my personal issues aside, it’s such an interesting thought: How much we invest into a bond, and how easily it is broken. 


Ergo,





Here is one of my absolute favorite videos. With close to 13 million views on Youtube it is not a surprise that Wong Fu Production's Strangers, Again has hit a little too close for comfort for a number of people.
I can't really determine whether it is because it reminds me so much of home, ( Strangers, Again is shot in San Diego, I believe) or because I have seen those exact same scenes play out in my own life. ( The cut fight scenes?! Brilliant. )  But all my dramatics aside, Wong Fu Productions just does such a kick ass job of describing the stages we go through the second we decide to fall in love.  Showcasing not only a love story, but THE love story. The love story that we can all really relate to. The love story that doesn't have a happy ending. 



"Do you realize that there are only two options for our future together? It’s either we break up or get married. What do you think will happen if we don’t end up together? Are we gonna hate each other? Think well keep in touch?  
I think that if life separates us and we end up in totally different places, i'll always remember when our paths aligned for this period of time. And i'll be thankful for that, And hope that wherever you are, you’ll be thankful too. And I think thats the best that we can wish for."

I take that back, maybe every love story does have a happy ending. Because sometimes... 

Sometimes the happy ending is just moving on. 

:)




4 comments:

  1. My boyfriend and I used to mull about how this happens to a lot of people. I mean, I agree with you, it's either people break up or get married and it's really sad how people can barely glance at each other after a split when they used to silently drown into the abyss of great love just by gazing at each other.

    I hate that moment. I hate that feeling. I hate breakups, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? I mean its ridiculous. Do people really wake up one day and feel bipolar-ly differently? Do the chemical's course run that fast? Ah, all the things that lay between the words love and commitment. Well, like Tswift says, true love shines gold like starlight and doesn't spontaneously combust. Heres to hoping she's right! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I back read your blog, it's like you're going through something.

    ReplyDelete